- Sponsor / Exhibit
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
Sept. 30 – Oct. 1, 2020 | American Institute of Architects, Washington, DC
The 2nd Annual Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will provide a forum to discuss the current evolution of human capabilities due to advances in human performance research and the development of new biological technologies. This year’s Summit will feature the latest updates and innovations in the areas of personalized assessment, education, and training, system interfaces and cognitive processes, and protection, sustainment, and warfighter performance.
2020 Scheduled Speakers:
- William Bushman
- Performing the Duties of Deputy Under Secretary of Defense
- Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel Readiness
- MG Lonnie Hibbard, USA
- Commanding General, Center for Initial Military Training
- Dr. Patty Deuster
- Director, Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP)
- Uniformed Services University
- Dr. J. Corde Lane, SES
- Director, Human Research and Engineering Directorate
- James Smith, SES
- Acquisition Executive
- US Special Operations Command
- Dr. Patrick Mason, SES
- Department Head
- Warfighter Performance, Code 34
- Office of Naval Research
_Download Complete Agenda for Full List of Speakers
Why You Should Attend this Year’s Summit:
DSI’s Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will focus on DoD initiatives to augment human systems through advanced training, biotechnology, and machine-human interfaces. Speakers from across the military will highlight their efforts to develop and deliver technologies to enable, sustain, enhance, and quantify human performance for improved mission effectiveness.
Maintaining an asymmetric advantage in operational environments is a key priority for the DoD, particularly as the current threat landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace. The advent of biotechnology and human systems R&D presents an opportunity for the DoD to grow and maintain this advantage through the development of optimized warfighter capabilities, training and augmented human performance.
Speakers at the 2020 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will focus on efforts to leverage these emerging technologies to better prepare, train, and care for the warfighter. Attendees will have the unique opportunity to engage with senior policy makers, technology developers, and acquisition professionals about the capabilities most urgently needed by the military community.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summit’s content and focus areas. We will assemble the most respected minds in the human performance community, including operational leaders, key policymakers, DoD labs, industry, and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the Summit:
– Enhancing Mission Effectiveness with Integrated Simulations for
– Developing Personalized Assessment, Training, and Education
Through the Improvement of Personnel Selection, Training Design,
Readiness Monitoring and Learning Techniques
– Leveraging Biotechnologies to Improve Warfighter Performance
– Understanding the Bioeffects of Emerging Technologies and
– Developing Human-Machine Interfaces for Enhanced Mission
– Improving and Understanding Human Cognitive Processes
– Leveraging Advancements in Human Systems and Biotechnologies
to Improve Operational Medicine
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Federal Government as it relates to human performance and biosystems.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest operational energy priorities of interest to the DoD and Federal Government.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- The 2020 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Participating Organizations at Past Summit:
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Collins Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Draper, Deloitte, Titus Human Performance, GE Research, Aptima, Inc, BridgeAthletic, Battelle Memorial Institute, Michigan State University, John Hopkins University, CCDC Soldier Center, USCG, US NAVY, NGIC, DoDIIS, DTRA, USMC, HQMC, DIA, FBI, US Air Force, DARPA, PIF, NIH, MCC, NASIC
- *SUMMIT IS CLOSED TO PRESS/ NO RECORDINGS*