- Sponsor / Exhibit
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
August 13-14, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 2019 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will provide a forum to discuss the current evolutions in human capabilities as a result of advances in human performance R&D and the development of new biological technologies. This year’s Summit will feature the latest training techniques and biological technology that will extend and enhance the capabilities of the human. The future operating environment demands that warfighter athletes perform at the highest level in prolonged engagements and in austere environments. This event will allow for relevant stakeholders from the community to detail ways to leverage these advancements to create a more lethal and resilient fighting force.
2019 Speakers Included:
- MG Lonnie Hibbard, USA, Commanding General, Center for Initial Military Training, TRADOC
- Dr. J. Corde Lane, Director, Human Research and Engineering Directorate, ARL
- Robb Wilcox, Director, Soldier Performance Optimization Directorate (SPOD), CCDC Soldier Center
- Erik Antonsen, Assistant Director, Human System Risk Management, NASA Johnson Space Center
- Karen Gregorcyzk, Branch Chief, Physical Performance Branch, CCDC Soldier Center
- Lloyd Tripp, Program Manager, Aerospace Physiology and Toxicology, AFRL 711th Human Performance Wing
- Rick Sciotti,Chief, Drug Development Section, Office of Biodefense, Research Resources and Translational Research, Division of Microbial Infectious Diseases, NIH
Why You Should Attend The Summit
- DSI’s Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will focus on opportunities to improve training as well as efforts to augment human systems through advanced machine-human interfaces in order to improve warfighter capabilities.
- Maintaining an asymmetric advantage in operational environments is a key priority for the DoD, particularly as the current threat landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace. The advent of biotechnology poses an opportunity for the DoD to grow and maintain this advantage through the development of optimized warfighter systems and augmented human performance. It is critical that DoD works to develop true synchronization between hardware, software, and human elements of warfighter systems leading to optimized performance across DoD while minimizing harm and cost to the human component.
- The 2019 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit will address the current state of biological technologies, advancements in training, and the future of bioconvergence. The Summit will foster discussions about how to leverage these emerging technologies and techniques to ensure warfighters maintain an overmatch ability in great power competition.
Topics Covered at the 2019 Summit:
- – Developing synchronization between hardware, software, and human elements of warfighter systems
- – Optimizing performance—training the warrior-athlete to be faster, stronger, and better over extended periods of time
- – Advancements in nutrition to sustain warfighters performing in prolonged, austere environments
- – Enhancing cognitive performance through neurotechnology
- – Development and deployment of biosystems to extend the capabilities of the warfighter
- – Deploying the next generation of wearable technology to optimize warfighter performance
- – Advancements in medical countermeasures to combat biological threats
At Our Summit You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Federal Government as it relates to human performance and biosystems.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest operational energy priorities of interest to the DoD and Federal Government.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information
- The 2019 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus here.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, DHS, IC and Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.The summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal Government employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.